The newest Tie One On apron theme is Paris. It's been a while since I've made an apron so I thought this would be a fun challenge.
Sometimes things just don't work out like you plan, so I improvised and I am very pleased with the result. I wanted this apron, although cute, to be sturdy and wearable while cooking so I bought 100% cotton duck cloth from the local fabric shop. I love the thickness and sturdiness of duck cloth. I decided to line the apron with pink and black fabric from my stash. (left over from the detective cape) Perfect. So I found a great graphic of the Eiffel Tower and traced it on my fabric with a water erasable marker and embroidered away. It turned out just as I had hoped. Then on to the pocket. I've got to have a pocket and I wanted it to say bon appetit. I found the perfect font and again traced it and embroidered that, too. That wasn't enough so I embroidered a tiny little coffee mug on there as well. premade ruffle...black with white dots...PERFECT! Oops...sorry for yelling, I was a little excited. Then came the assembling of the pocket. I thought I'd try a fancier stitch on my machine and it worked great. Love it. So then I thought I'd use the same stitch all the way around the edge of the apron. Well, wouldn't you know that I ran out of black thread. Grrr. Well, since I decided to line the apron with the pink and I had plenty of pink thread I decided to just use that and it would help bring it all together. Add a couple of buttons at the top for extra cuteness and you've got an apron. Oh, then I tried to add the apron ties.
carefully sewing through the thick layers my Paris apron is finally complete.
Sorry, for the picture heavy post, but my mom needed to see lots of pictures. Happy Wednesday. xoANG