Monday, September 22, 2008

tearin' up the road!

Because it is getting dark earlier now it seems that going for a walk/run after the kids go to bed isn't as safe as it was when we started. So, my friends and I (the wanna be runners) decided to try going early in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. We aimed for 8:15 on Saturday and 7:15 on Sunday...yes, we stared on time, and no, it wasn't so bad. Really! A little too early for the teenager in the group (what? I didn't mention any names!) but a great time of day. It was a little chilly but once we got going it felt perfect. Kim, the mastermind behind the whole thing, decided to push us a little farther this time and we did a lot more running. We were all amazed at how far we could go without a walk break. Seriously, it was crazy good! Now, I know you real runners out there probably wouldn't be impressed by our times but considering we only started in July/August...we've come a long way, baby!

1 comment:

littletoesandcheerios said...

Awesome! I wish I could run with you... I think. Haven't ran for a looooooooong time.

Thank you so much for the laundry basket idea. I think I will keep one close by and if she acts up, I'll put her in it. Genious;D