Wednesday, June 17, 2009

i'm just sayin'

Did you realize that June is half gone already?
*blink*blink*
Where did it go? How can this happen? Oh man, Father's Day is this coming Sunday...then before I even have a chance to think it'll be July. July! ~deep breath~ It's a big month in my family. Lots of birthdays and family gatherings. I love it all...every second of it, but I'm just not prepared. In my mind I have deemed this "the year of handmade gifts" and so far everything has gone really well. I have enjoyed every moment sewing, crocheting, and embroidering. I love taking the time to make special things for the special people in our lives. But now all of a sudden it's almost July. Believe me, I'm not complaining when I say this because my garden is growing like crazy and my water bill is not outrageous, but it's raining again and I can't get my sewing done on the front porch when it rains. I'm just sayin'. Nap time is my uninterrupted sewing/cleaning/exercising/blogging time and when it rains, well, sewing just doesn't happen. I guess I better get cracking and make an actual list of gifts that I want to make so I can use my time more wisely. I won't forget what to make, but having a list to check off works for me...keeps me on task...makes me plan more specifically...so I can finish everything without stressing out and sewing like a mad woman the day before everything should be done. Not that I would ever act like that...I'm just sayin'Oh, and here's a picture of the girls being brave while they swing... No hands!
Have a great day...now I've gotta go make a list. xo ANG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

" Look mom, no hands!!" :) Yes,time is passing by quickly. The schools around here start next month!

BTW- The dress looks great! And I adore the material.

Rebekah said...

Handmade gifts are wonderful, even though the stress of getting them done in time can make it tough. But it's still worth it!