Saturday, July 25, 2009

crochet-along...sweet & simple

I wanted to get started right away on a small project that would be quick and easy...yet pretty. My goal was to use up the remainder of this yarn. I found a free pattern on Craft Leftovers for a Springy Headwrap. Perfect! It uses a small amount of yarn, it's a simple pattern to follow, and it's pretty. Oh, and it's for me. Yes, I know, making something for myself is nearly unheard of these days with all the July birthdays, but I have a little break before the next batch of celebrations so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Besides, making something for myself is one of the requirements for the Crochet-Along. So do you want to see my finished product? Oh goody...here it is. Sweet and simple, right? The colors in the yarn, I just love them. It's very summery. Okay, here's a close-up of the pattern. Please pardon the frizzy hair. That is the reason I needed a headwrap...to keep the frizz out of my face. It works! One thing though, I have a freakishly small head so it was too big. I ended up overlapping the ends before I used a couple of rows of sc to hook it all together.

I'm going to try another one and shorten the length so it just goes from ear to ear like a traditional headband then I'll make a chain on each end to tie underneath my hair that way it'll be adjustable. In my mind that works. I'll let you know how it turns out.
So there's one project down for the Crochet-Along. How about you? Wanna join in the fun? Oh come on, you know you want to.