Thursday, April 28, 2011

craft book challenge - april

I did it! I actually got some sewing done for the Craft Book Challenge...just in time for Easter. I made the cutest, quickest, easiest pair of shorts you have ever seen. Well, I made two pairs of shorts. One pink and one purple. The instructions are in my Craft Hope book, which has so many inspirational projects. All you need to make a pair of shorts, besides a sewing machine, is two bandannas ($1 each at walmart)and a piece of elastic long enough to encompass the girth of the recipient of the shorts.
Are they not the cutest shorts? The girls loved them and wore them after we went to church on Easter Sunday. They're long and colorful, but thin and cool.
I'd love to make more, and I probably will. However, I'll stick with the darker colors because your can see right through them if the sun shines on them just right.
I think the bandannas would make a super cute, simple, gathered skirt as well. Hmmm, maybe I'll try that next.
It was super warm on Easter so we took our eggs outside to dye them. It was so much fun and they turned out beautiful...and delicious. Oh, and that row of orange buckets lining the edge of my driveway are my $2.57 five gallon paint buckets turned brightly colored planters. I've got seeds germinating in there and soon we'll have some cucumbers climbing up my bamboo trellis. I also got adventurous and planted some purple tomatillo seeds. I've never grown tomatillos before..but I had to try.
And because I can't mention Easter and not show you the dresses....here they are.

I hope your Easter was wonderful and I hope you are all safe. We've had several days of really severe weather but today the sun shines warm on us again. xoANG

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I saw those shorts in that book, they are cuter on your kids then in the book!!

Your girls are getting so big!

Happy belated Easter.

Anonymous said...

Those shorts are sooo cute!! And the EAstr dresses look so great on the girls. Love Big G