Tuesday, December 8, 2009

toy test::A+

It's that time of year again. Gift giving. I love it. I love to see the wonderful expressions on the faces of my children when they open gifts. And although this is my year of handmade gifts, there are some things that I just can't make. So what to do? Picking toys is not easy, however, there is a toy website called ebeanstalk, dedicated to selecting good, safe baby toys and kids toys. BUT they need help from moms like me to help pick the toys. Naturally I offered to be a toy tester...I've got a great little panel of judges here to help me out. The toy they sent to the Clothesline family is called Play Foam, one of their many learning toys . Here is the deal on this toy… my girls love it! It came with six great colors. Play Foam is made of foam beads that stick together but aren't really sticky. It's true. You can mold and mash this stuff into any shape you want and it will keep it's shape but not stick to the table or your hands. It doesn't have a scent or leave any colorful residue behind like some moldable stuff. To me it feels like pulling apart a rice crispy treat but with less stickiness. The girls squeezed and pulled and spread out the play foam for hours. No kidding! We had several days of rain and Play Foam was a great way to spend some creative time. After making several different shapes the girls ended up mixing it all together. I'm not usually one to condone the mixing of any moldable stuff, but after all of the colors were mixed it was pretty and it lead to even more fun.
Posted by Picasa
The girls got out their toy pots and pans and cups and saucers and started fixing up a grand feast for their dolls and stuffed animals. There is no limit on how much fun you can have with Play Foam...just let your imagination take over! It holds it's shape and it doesn't dry out and there was not messy to clean up!

If you want to check out this and other great toys at ebeanstalk just click the following links.
baby toys
kids toys
learning toys

Have a great day. xo ANG

No comments: