Monday, January 4, 2010

well, hello kitty!

Yes, Hello Kitty was the chosen theme this year for the all important event of turning the grand old age of seven. Seven is a big deal. I mean after all, she'll be ten soon...or so I've been told. :-) So here's the cake.

This is my best cake yet! I can't take all the credit though. My dear friend Theresa shared with me some very, very, wonderful cake decorating tips and man, oh man, that cake came out better than I could have even imagined. Theresa, you're a cake genius! Even Tim was impressed with the results...and the birthday girl? Well, she squealed with absolute delight!
I also managed to finish the traditional birthday outfit. Sometimes it's a dress sometimes a skirt. This year I made a fabulously twirly skirt using this tutorial (version2) and I found the perfect sparkly shirt at Target and simply appliqued some kitties on the front using some of the skirt fabric. Wanna see?
Posted by Picasa

Now in other important birthday news...pierced ears! That's right, the birthday girl kept her word and got her ears pierced. You see, last year when she was a mere six years old she promised that when she turned seven she would get her ears pierced. Last week she reminded me of that promise. There was a little fear, angst, worry, excitement, eagerness, anxiousness, and jubilation leading up to the big day. Well, here...see for yourself.
There were also lots of kitty presents, balloons, banners, family, friends, food, and fun. Okay, a tissue paper ball fight, too. Overall, I think seven turned out pretty darn good for my special girl.

Yes, there was a special little sister in the mix who was torn between excitement and jealousy...happiness and selfishness...being four is hard when someone else is seven. Thank goodness turning five is coming soon.
Thanks to all of our family and friends that made this a special day for both of my girls. xo ANG

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Ok - you make a cake like that - you are officially Martha in my book ;-)

What a special day!