Thursday, April 1, 2010

you capture::feet

With the warmer weather comes flip flops, jump ropes, scooters, bikes, and now roller skates. They're beginner skates, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?
These are exciting times here at the Clothesline and I've learned a lot. First, rolling around the driveway haphazardly just won't do. A proper rink was in order...check! Second, a little decoration in the center of the rink is always necessary...check! If only I could hang a disco ball in the sky for the full affect. A sunny day will just have to do. The third thing I learned was how different my two girls are. Okay, from the womb it was obvious that they were polar opposites, but add skates to the mix and I've got one who wants to be graceful like an ice skater and one who is more of a roller derby chick. Who knew that their feet could bring out so much more of their personalities? you capture::feet happy thursday xo ANG

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

And don't forget to play Stevie Wonder and the Bee Gees ...

Bec said...

I so had those as my first skates- they look exactly the same!!!

Anonymous said...

Your rink looks great! I can't wait for the roller skate age!

Unknown said...

I remember those big, colorful skates from ... Fisher-Price, was it? Wow, you captured some great memories for your girls.

Misty said...

So cute!

Melissa said...

Cute feet....and colorful!

Unknown said...

Yay for roller skates! :)

Looks like fun!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

looks like a ton of fun!!

thank you for participating this week!

Jen said...

I love that first shot, it looks so colorful and fun!

kristenly said...

oh i love those kind of skates. they definitely bring back childhood memories! nice captures with lots of bright colors and movement. love it!

Lisa said...

I remember having skates like that when I was little. Such fun!