Thursday, April 29, 2010

you capture::spring

Besides the fact that my children are growing like the weeds in my yard every spring, they very excitedly discovered the first of the caterpillars in our yard. They are fascinating and fuzzy. The girls anticipate their arrival every year. Thankfully, for the sake of the caterpillars, every year the girls are a little more gentle.


My azaleas have bloomed! I look forward to this every spring. These azaleas are what drew me in when we were house hunting five years ago. They are just gorgeous. Although, sadly, one of the bushes has died so I'll have to dig it up this summer. Any azalea pruning tips and tricks are welcome.




Now, it just wouldn't be a proper spring without a quickly arriving afternoon thunderstorm which just happened to produce the most beautiful of rainbows. If you look closely you can see there is another rainbow above the bright one. And yes they were full rainbows...a rarity around these parts.
For more spring captures go visit i should be folding laundry. xo ANG

3 comments:

Bec said...

I cannot remember the last time I saw a catepillar! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great spring shots! You just reminded me I forgot my rainbow pic, maybe next week.

Unknown said...

What perfect pictures. I love fuzzy wuzzy caterpillers! : ) I know what you mean about kids growing like weeds. Isn't it crazy...it's like overnight they grow 10 inches.