Thursday, November 6, 2008

binds that tie

I have been eyeballin' a few sewing tutorials out in blogland for a while now and I finally decided to make some of them. The first one I want to show you is wonderful in theory but part of the sewing involves attaching some bias binding (tape) around the perimeter and making a tie closure out of the binding as well. It's called a Gratitude Wrap from Soulemama. It turned out really cute, but the binding is bad, really bad. No, I'm not just saying that. I mean it. I was making it as a gift for someone...and well, it's not gift worthy. I will try it again, without the confounded binding with some minor alterations. But for now, here are some pictures of the one I made....wonky binding that ties...and all.










Another tutorial that I just discovered and absolutely love is the camera strap slipcover from Made by Petchy. I had seen s couple of new camera straps made with fabulous fabrics...here and here, ...but it would have required some deconstruction of my camera strap....uuuhhhh....not ready for that. So when I came across this fabulous slipcover idea I had to try it! It was quick, easy, and it turned out oh, so, cute. Although I did forget the top stitching detail. Arg! But here it is...

3 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Super cute. The binding is hard but worth it if you can get it right. It just takes time with it. (and I am sure that it is not as bad as you say, it looks great from here!)

Kim Yeatts said...

I love both items!

Adrienne said...

You made your strap - yae! It's really cute.

That bias tape is a **pain**. Arg.