Tuesday, April 8, 2008

new (to me) music..and a little math

We rented the movie "Dan in Real Life". Loved it! Also loved the music in it. I had to find out who it was. Well, here is a song from the movie by Sondre Lerche, from Norway. I found this mixtape site being used on another blog that I love - Pink Paper Peppermints - so I had to try it.




I love the cassette tape. How cool is that? Takes me back to middle school (okay, maybe high school), how about you?

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

I made some math manipulatives for the girls. Little Miss O is practicing her addition facts and flash cards aren't really her thing. I thought I'd try something new and if it works (so far so good) I'll continue on with this set, adding more as we progress. Here's a picture of her practicing her addition facts for 5, 6, and 7. What a smart little whipper-snapper! She's got Daddy's brain!


Little Miss E had to have her own schoolwork, too. She is working on counting objects from 1-10 and recognizing the numerals and number words. She'll be 3 at the end of May so she's doing pretty well. When Miss O is the teacher's helper Miss E does all 10 numbers, but when working alone she works on 1-5. I made counters with some of my cute buttons (sewn onto pieces of felt) because the girls love digging in my button box. They turned out cute, although it was difficult to use so many of my buttons. I made a few other types of counters so she can have a variety, but the buttons remain the favorite:o)


Here is a picture of the button-y goodness!

No comments: