Monday, February 22, 2010

macro monday::gluten free edition

(f-stop 7.1~exposure time 1/8 second~iso1600)

This here is the best cookie I have ever made. Ever. Really. It was not originally a gluten free recipe, but once we (and by we, I mean Tim) saw the picture of the cookies we knew they had to be baked...and soon. Last week my mom gave me a stack of magazines to enjoy and on one of the back covers was an ad for Ghirardelli chocolate with a recipe for Ghirardelli's Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies. So, thanks Mama. Hopefully there will be some left when you visit next time. Hmm, I doubt it, so I'll just have to make more. It was such an easy recipe that the girls did most of the work, even the egg cracking! I only changed two things: one-I replaced the 1/3 cup all-purpose flour with 1/3 cup of Pamela's Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix, and two: I didn't even try to make tubes of dough by gingerly placing the dough on plastic wrap to chill in the fridge. Yeah, no, not going to do that. Instead I just stuck the bowl of dough in the fridge and chilled it that way for an hour, then used a small ice cream scooper to make consistently sized cookies. That's it. It was so easy and man, oh man, are they good! Don't ask about the calories or fat because I don't know and I'd like to keep it that way. It's all in moderation, my dear. I've been good so far because a little chocolate goes a long way.
Happy Monday! xo ANG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that cookie looks real good glad i could help!! love Big G