Saturday, May 24, 2008

sunny saturday

We started off our day by going to the Community Market. There's a great vendor there from the Sleepy Goat Farm that sells some really yummy goat cheese. Yeah, you heard me, goat cheese. Each variety of cheese is named after an artist...Picasso, Cassatt, Degas. There's more but I can't remember them all. Also, paintings from those artists are on the packaging, except there are goats in the pictures instead of people...funny, huh? Cute though. The girls liked the pictures. Our favorite librarian recommended this vendor..thanks Mrs. Lawson...it's so good! As a side note...one day when we have more space I'd like to have a goat or two so I could have goat milk and make goat cheese. Also, some chickens would be nice. Seriously. Ooohhh, or maybe sheep.

Speaking of goats...you know what gets my goat? No? Gas that costs over $4.00 per gallon, that's what. Give me a break!

Anyway, after the community market we went to the children's museum. That is always so much fun! Farm stuff, Egyptian stuff, electricity stuff, indian (I mean Native American) stuff, James River stuff, circulatory system stuff, building and design stuff, painting stuff...a plethora of knowledge disguised as fun around every corner. A teacher's, mom's, homeschooler's dream come true! Riding the zip line is also lots of fun! Lessons on momentum and gravity are always part of the zip line experience. I don't know about you, but I need a nap!

No comments: