Tuesday, May 13, 2008

we're back...and I have so much to say

First let me begin with a belated Happy Mother's Day!

This is a picture of my mom and my sister waiting for me to become a mom. It was a long wait.
Here I am on the verge of becoming a mom! I know, go ahead and say it...huge!
Now, five years later, I have two beautiful girls. What a blessing it is to be a mom.

Okay, so we went to the beach. Oh man, it was so nice to get away. I do love the beach. I mean, really love it. I know you want to see some pictures so I'll post a few today. There will be more to come...trust me! This is a beautiful sunrise I caught when I remembered to take my camera out on the balcony before I made the coffee.


We found this lovely crab one day. Yes, it's dead. The girls loved holding it, but all I could think was...*what a waste, that would've been tasty*.Oh what fun splashing and getting every nook and cranny filled with sand.



So now that we're home we have to get back into the routine...and there's a lot to catch up on. I have a huge to-do list for the week. This is what I've done so far today: 1) washed and hung 5 loads of laundry 2)put all previously washed clean clothes away 3)did an hour or so of homeschool with the girls 4)took out the trash 5)made cookies for the neighbor (he cuts our grass in the front yard sometimes) Okay, I cheated and got the pre-made dough, but at least I can mark it off my list! 6)cut the grass in the back yard...shocking I know-but a nice surprise for my husband 7)pulled weeds in the garden spot so I can plant my veggies (the girls helped pull weeds) 8)washed the dishes 9)posted a new entry on my blog!



Wow! I got more done that I thought, how great! Now the remainder of the day will be a piece of cake...mmmmm cake. I am in the process of number 10 on my list...assembling my new garden cart. My husband bought it for me before we went to the beach and today, since it's nice and warm, I thought I'd try my hand at putting it together. The instructions are quite ridiculous, but thankfully there are illustrations. I'll take pictures of my progress...and if I give up and let my husband take over, I'll take a picture of the final product.



************TA-DA!************



The girls are in the tub, a meatloaf is in the oven, the laundry is dry and folded (but not put away yet}o:), I used my treadmill, and guess what.....I finished assembling my new garden cart!



Here it is! seriously...am I supposed to get this?!well, it's coming along nicely...but it's taking longer that the standard 30 minute assembly time
Look how cute!
Oh yeah! Don't be jealous.
All ready to be used...the planting will have to wait until tomorrow. I can hardly wait:-)Yippee! Yahoo! Hurray! Yee Haw! Woo Hoo!

No comments: