Wednesday, January 21, 2009

coming soon...

Oh yes...I've got another sewing project in the works...a W.I.P. (work in progress) as the crafty people in the blogging world call it. Pattern has been made. Fabric has been cut. Bias tape has been painstakingly ironed. Now all I need is a little time to actually sew it all together.

Posted by Picasa

I will be making some fabulous kimono wraps for my girls. I found this great, free pattern from Amy at Habitual . Oh it's just too great to pass up. I am going to use some of my golden yellow Hawaiian fabric...and the bright pink is going to be the trim. Bright, I know. There is just something about this frigid weather that makes me yearn for spring, warm sunshine, and blooming flowers. Well, since I am well aware that winter is not ending any time soon, I have decided to create my own spring by using some seriously bright fabric. Now, that color combination would not normally go over well with me but once I saw this fabric line and this one I was hooked on those colors...and thankfully I have them both in my stash! Yippee!!! I will also be making some capris to match...they'll be solid pink with some of the yellow as a ruffle at the bottom. I'm so excited! I do hope that it all turns out as cute as I imagine it to be!
I have also completed another project but I can't show it to you right now because it's going to be a birthday gift. Now, you wouldn't want me to ruin the surprise, would you? I didn't think so. I promise to show it to you as soon as the birthday girl receives it...in February.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: