Wednesday, January 7, 2009

a (creative) year in review

I know I'm not the first to do this, but after seeing several collages out there in blogland of projects made throughout the year, I had to give it a try. I wasn't sure that I'd created enough things over the past year to even warrant a collage but as I looked through my monthly photo folders and clicked on each look-what-I-made picture I was completely surprised by the outcome. I made a lot of aprons...and I must confess, most of those were created in the month of December. However, there were burp cloths, bird mobiles, pen rolls, curtains, camera strap covers, ornaments, shirts, bean bags, skirts, dresses, GPS cases, play-doh beads, special blankies, costumes, and tissue holders. Wow! Who knew? I had no idea that I had actually created so many things in 2008. That's pretty exciting....and motivating!
Posted by Picasa

Now, I've never been much of a resolution person, but keeping those creative juices flowing is definitely something I'd like to sustain in 2009. First thing on my list...well now, I can't really tell you...but I'll show you when it's done. And, hey, if you're looking for some inspiration to get those creative juices flowing for 2009 you have got to skip on over and visit Ellen at The Long Thread. She was kind enough to compile a fabulous list of the Top 100 Tutorials of 2008! Seriously! Now, if I could just squeeze a few more hours in the day....

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

oh boy! Look at all you did! I'm off to look at that list ~ sigh ~ need more hours in the day.