Wednesday, March 4, 2009

sew-along fun

I was reading Adrienne's blog the other day and she mentioned a few upcoming swaps and sew-alongs. I just had to check into them to see what they were all about. I must confess I probably won't do any swaps right now, although they are great, but sew-alongs....now that's right up my alley. The first one that I know I'll be part of is Adrienne's own May(d)for Me sew-along. Simply put....the month of May I will sew something for myself then post it on the May(d) for Me Flickr group. My love of sewing has grown over the last year so when it's birthday time or a holiday I can get busy sewing for the people I love. But then there's that dress or skirt or purse in the works for me that has been cut out and pinned for over a year just waiting to be finished...May is the month to finish up a project for myself. No pressure...May is months away...if I get going now, maybe I will finish something in May.
The other sew-along that I am very excited about is the Mystery Purse Sew-Along from LolaAgain. This is a new one for me but since I have the supplies already and I am trying to use up my fabric stash I thought this would be perfect. The beginning of the Mystery Purse Sew-Along is March 14th so if you want to join in there is still plenty of time to get your supplies in order. Now, you don't have to have a blog to participate so don't feel left out. It sounds like so much fun...won't you join me? Oh, come on, it'll be fun! (come on Morgan, you know you want to...the fabric store is calling you)

No comments: