Monday, February 16, 2009

birthday sewing

While sifting through the abundance of wonderful Valentine crafts in blogland I came across this. Simple, adorable, irritable...don't ya think? I had to make it. Thankfully we were invited to a birthday party for a sweet little 5 year old friend...the perfect reason to make one right away. I made the tic tac toe board out of matching/coordinating fabric. Also, I didn't use felt to make the hearts I used some fabric from my stash. Now, because I love the JC Handmade pattern for the Kidlet Bag so much I had to make the birthday girl one of those as well. The Kidlet is such a great bag....a quick and easy project to complete...easily adaptable....and very functional. I have decided that the Kidlet will be my "gift bag" this year. Anyway, for our little friend's Kidlet I made it with two handles instead of one. I also put her initial on the pocket....in buttons! I do love buttons. Pretty buttons. Cute buttons. Little buttons. Big buttons. Colorful buttons. New buttons. Old buttons...oh, you get the idea. It was nice to use my sewing machine again. It's been a few weeks...she was starting to feel neglected. I'm happy to report that she feels much better now after helping me put a smile on this sweet face.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

So cute! I know the birthday girl loved her goodies. My sewing machine is getting lonely too ...

Kim Yeatts said...

Isn't she a cute one!