Sunday, February 22, 2009

sew happy...


together.

These are gifts for my sister-in-law. Her birthday was on the 20th but the family gathering is today. The pin cushion is quite a happy little fellow, especially when accompanied by the snazzy little bag.
Both gifts are reversible, but I've noticed that the pink side is a little more introverted. She did peek out from behind the bag long enough to flash a little grin at me. It's a good thing I'm fast with the camera because I could have missed that shot. I guess having two little people that never hold still very long is good practice after all.
So, do you want to know where I found these great patterns/tutorials? You do? I'm so glad because I really wanted to share them with you...ya know, if you really wanted to know. I don't want to be pushy or anything, I just think you might like to give these a whirl. I mean, if I can make these super-cute fabulous gifts than you can, too. And really, the more you sew the easier it becomes. Although I have noticed my stash of thread is dwindling rather rapidly lately. My fabric stash is still quite healthy, but I'm working on it.
Anyway, on to the sources of these happy little gifts. The pin cushion tutorial, although very simple to construct, was very helpful...some bits were tricky. You can find it here at WhipUp, a place of links and tutorials for all things hand-crafted. Go ahead, click on over and soak it up, but come back here when you're done soIcan share the snazzy little bag info. Really, go ahead. I'll wait for you.
*blink*
*blink*
Oh good! You're back! Now for more sewing talk. I found the free pattern for the bag over at Show Your Workings. It's called a Japanese Knot Bag. It was amazingly easy to make even though it is completely reversible. You can find the pattern here. Okay, so now that you know where both of the patterns are found I must confess, I discovered them both on The Long Thread's list of the Top 100 Tutorials of 2008...a wonderfully amazing goldmine, really.
So, Kim, Happy not-quite-as-old-as-your-brother Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I LOVE THE BAG AND TRULY NEEDED A PIN-CUSHION!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO LOOK AT THE PATTERNS!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that japanese bag and pincushion turned out so cute. I just love it!! So would all the women in the family!! BigG