Tuesday, February 17, 2009

two little words

Last night Tim and I were watching Heroes. I didn't really watch it last season when they were villains. It was weird and there were too many good and bad characters on there at the same time. Anyway, last night a new character was introduced. She looked so familiar but I couldn't place her. It's a little game we play, Tim and I...seeing who can figure out first the show or movie where we had originally seen the actor in question. Here she is from Heroes last night. Recognize her? (picture from NBC.com)She looked so familiar. Her voice was familiar. Her expressions were familiar. She was just older. Oh, where did I see her? Then it hit me...my first year of college, movie night for the girls on my floor, cheesy 1992 romantic comedy, two hours of my life that I will never get back....The Cutting Edge.

(picture from Amazon.com)

When I proclaimed myself the winner of figuring it out he was disgusted. Not that I won the crazy little game we play, but because of the movie that she played in way back in 1992. He absolutely hates that movie...the storyline, the acting, the whole thing. It must have come on TV once and he saw part of it because I can't imagine that he actually paid money to go see it in the theater. If ever I want to make his skin crawl or make him dry-heave a little (purely in jest, of course) all I have to do is remind him of this movie by saying two little words....toe pick! But more like....toooooeeeeeeee piiiiiiiiiiiick!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't watch the show. But I promise you.. as soon as I saw the picture and without reading the rest of your post, I said, "tooeeeee piiick".

That movie has a little history with me! ;)

Adrienne said...

I remember that movie ... ugh. That is too funny!

Rebekah said...

What is worse is that they made a sequel... what the heck?? Was that necessary???

She still looks great, love her hair.