Friday, June 20, 2008

bloggy fun

I found a great blog that is having a makeover carnival of sorts. Between now and July 25 we are supposed to complete some projects around the house/yard that need finishing. It sounds fun, plus, the accountability of people checking for the before and after photos will help motivate me to actually finish a project. No pictures yet, though. You'll have to wait until July 25 for the results. So here's my list:

1) purchase make new curtain for the bathroom window(that means buying new fabric!!!)

2)put new flooring in bathroom (okay, that one is really for Tim, but it still counts, right?)

3)move monkey (mondo) grass, that is in the way, from back yard to front yard where nothing else will grow.

4)get cute area rug for girls' room & paint focus wall pink, yes pink...miss O would like it to be "cosmic" (according to her that means sparkly) but I've never seen cosmic pink paint.

I think I'll stop my list there. That seems like an achievable goal. Feel free to join in. Got any projects hanging over your head? Come on, let's finish them together...don't forget to take a before picture.

Okay, so I also found another great blog that is having a summer reading challenge. I do love to read, but rarely make time for it (at least not grown-up books). There are some books I'd like to read this summer so that I can form the habit (again) of reading more. And if all goes well, the habit will be formed and I'll continue to search for and devour great books throughout the year. My goal is to read 3 whole grown-up books by the end of August. I already finished The Good Husband of Zebra Drive, so I won't count that one. Want to read with me? Got any good book suggestions? Come on, it'll be fun!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you're going to join the Summer Reading Groupies reading challenge :) I'll keep an eye out for your posts about what you're reading!

As far as projects... I feel like I am always trying to finish up projects that are hanging over my head - that's the story of my life! But I think my biggest project this summer will be moving :)