Thursday, July 17, 2008

thankful thursday

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 4:7

one - freedom of religion - I am so thankful that in our great country we are free to worship God, read our Bibles, gather together for church services...all without the threat persecution. Every morning I turn on my radio and listen to some incredible teaching and praise music as I start my day. This week I have been enjoying the study of I Timothy by Alistair Begg and the study of Judges by David Jeremiah.
two - teachable moments - Yesterday we went to a reptile show at the library. My girls loved every moment of it and are now fascinated by the little creatures. To enhance the new found interest, today we reviewed what we learned about snakes, then spent some time making a little snake craft. A bracelet, to be exact. Such a simple thing to do, but fun. I have found that making a simple craft after learning about new things helps them remember what they learned.
three - laughter - Hearing my girls laugh as they play together is one of my favorite sounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey the tank tops are super cute! They turned out great! Also your skirt is really cute too- good length! Cant wait to see and read more! Love ya- Mel