Friday, July 25, 2008

before & after

Today is the big day! The goal was to complete the to-do list by July 25th then post the before and after pictures to show the world what was accomplished.

I must confess, I didn't complete everything on the list, but I did make good progress.


Here goes....


THE new, super cute, soft and fuzzy, pink polka dot RUG!


THE newly sewn, simple but beautiful, white eyelet with periwinkle ribbon, bathroom CURTAIN! All of the painting is done, the window curtain has been made, and the shower curtain has been purchased. The only thing left is the floor. Oh, you're time is coming, mr. floor.

THE growing like crazy, easily transplanted, filling in the empty places MONKEY GRASS! This stuff is great. Full sun or shade, it just grows and grows. We have cleared out the back corner of our yard and needed to move the monkey grass. I put some in the front yard where nothing else would grow (as you can see in the picture below), I also put some around the base of our deck. There are still a few more plants that need to be moved, so I still have a little more digging to do.


Not too bad, huh? During this time I also made a few doll dresses, finished a skirt for myself, and made my girls matching shirts. I hope to get the girls' room painted while it's still warm...still searching for "cosmic pink" paint. To the girls, that means pink sparkly paint or mother-of-pearl-ish paint. Ever heard of such a thing?
It's nice to check things off the list! Go ahead, try it!

6 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Way to go!!! Good Job.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!! I love marking stuff off the list! Now I need to make a list first don't I? And stay home to accomplish? Well.... Love Big G

Anonymous said...

Nice work! Now go and enjoy your weekend! :)

Rebekah said...

Look at you, spiffing up your house! Checking stuff off a list give such enormous satisfaction, it's ridiculous really - I'll actually put stuff on the list just so I can cross it off :D

angela said...

I am a list maker by nature, so when I get to cross things off it's very exciting. And yes, sometimes I put things on a list just so I can cross them off. :o)

Adrienne said...

Ahhh ... it's so nice to the fruits of our labor - good job!